HOMEWORK: Respond to blog question (except for presenters), continue conversation about Act I, take-home quiz, semester project.
Ms. Smith made a comment about bringing your own laptops to school because they have wireless now! If you don’t have one, then ask your parents for one this Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.
- We turned in our big purple books (for people who hadn’t yet).
- We also got our take-home quizzes.
This was our first Hamlet fishbowl day.
- The inside circle had presenters (Brooks, Joe, Sam, Michael, Kyle), discussers (Jackie, Leigh, Weems, Steven) with three open seats.
- The outside circle got laptops and live-blogged. (You can see it below. :] )
- You had to make five comments (relevant and insightful, not stupid). If you didn’t want to blog, then you had to participate in the fishbowl in the open seats.
Some topics discussed in the inside circle:
- Questions anyone had about the reading
- Major events that happened through out the act
- How the ghost could be foreshadowing events to come
- Will Hamlet tell anyone about the ghost?
- Elements of a tragic hero (Hamlet is past the innocence stage and now entering initiation, chaos is bound to happen or already happened. Could the stages be in different order for Hamlet?)
- Comparison between Denmark’s problems and Hamlet’s
- Hamlet’s revenge for his father (What does it mean? Why does he have to do it?)
- Catholic/Christian themes in Hamlet
- Claudius and Gertrude’s marriage (How does Hamlet feel about it?)
- Possible reasons for Claudius killing the king
- Predictions on what will happen in Act 2
That's it! HAVE A NICE WEEKEND!